[Gretl-devel] Re: man pages

Cristian Rigamonti cri at linux.it
Tue Nov 14 15:05:26 EST 2006

Hi, do we have a rough estimate for the time of the next release?

I was wondering about updating the gretl.1 man page (and perhaps adding a
gretlcli.1 page); can I start working on that?

Actually I've noticed that gretl and gretcli support almost the same options.

The following are supported by both gretl and gretlcli

 -e --english
 -q --basque
 -b --batch
 -h --help
 -v --version
 -r --run

The following are supported only by gretl

 -d --db
 -w --webdb
 -c --dump

The -p | --pvalue option is supported only by gretlcli
(this is weird: I can't find this one in lib/src/interact.c, parseopt()
function, which I used to track available options, nor in other files in my CVS
copy...)

So we could either make gretlcli support -d, -w, -c and mention it in the
current gretl manpage, or add a new manpage for gretlcli (maybe there are other
reasons for that, besides the difference in supported options).

Cri

--
GPG/PGP Key-Id 0x943A5F0E      -    http://www.linux.it/~cri/cri.asc
Free software, free society    -    http://www.fsfeurope.org