[Gretl-devel] Trouble compiling Gretl.

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Nov 21 21:28:20 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Hélio Guilherme wrote:

> I am Helio Guilherme, I am graduated in Operations Research, I have been
> contributing to Gretl with translations to Portuguese (web site and
> gui/cli).

Hello Helio,

You are giving me a timely reminder that I need to integrate your
new translation!  I'll certainly do that before the next release
of gretl.

> helio at techno:~/gretl-1.6.0/gretl> make -k
[fails]

> Please be aware that before this it was stopping at the
> ../lib/src/geneval.c, reporting that have no rule to build geneval.lo.

You're building from CVS?  Whenever new files are added to the
gretl source (which doesn't happen all that often), you need to do
another run of ./configure to update the various Makefiles.
Hopefully this should fix the problem.