[Gretl-devel] (maybe, small) bug

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Nov 22 16:28:50 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Cristian Rigamonti wrote:

> All went well, the program works fine, but I get this warning message in the
> xterm window:
>
>  helpfile error: word='critical' not recognized
>
> This happens using the C (us) locale...

> Is this some kind of bug, or I missed something in the compilation procedure
> (maybe I should compile something in the /doc directory)?

I think this probably reflects under-documentation of the
procedure for building and installing the online help files
(somehow the installed files are not up to date).

Try cd'ing to the "share" subdirctory of your build tree, and do

make help
make install_help

If that doesn't do it, then I think you're right -- some component
of the help build is not getting triggered properly by the
Makefiles, and it may require going into doc/commands and doing
something manually.

Allin.