[Gretl-devel] (maybe, small) bug

Cristian Rigamonti cri at linux.it
Wed Nov 22 17:15:17 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:28:50PM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> Try cd'ing to the "share" subdirctory of your build tree, and do
>
> make help
> make install_help

Thanks, I ran those ones (I had to do it as root) and the error disappeared.

> I think this probably reflects under-documentation of the
> procedure for building and installing the online help files
> (somehow the installed files are not up to date).

Well, maybe we could add some notes to the INSTALL file for people wanting to
compile the sources from CVS: e.g. this is the procedure I currently use:

  # Update the CVS working copy
  cd $GRETL_CVS_ROOT
  cvs update

  # (re)Create a build directory