[Gretl-devel] non translated words

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Fri Oct 12 15:47:06 EDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Cristian Rigamonti wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 08:24:02AM +0100, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>
>> Or to put it differently: is there a release schedule?
>
> That would be very useful. As a first step even a rough estimate, then we could
> plan a "feature freeze" period and some time to test, fix bugs and update
> translations...

I can't speak for Allin, but I think he'll agree we're pretty much in
feature freeze mode by now. A lot of work has gone into the vecm command,
which is now pretty complete, and the corresponding manual chapter is at
the last iterations. Allin, would it be unrealistic to estimate release
of 1.6.6 by mid-November?

> On a more general level: it seems that during the last year requests for
> features and fixes have increased, maybe it's worth to consider managing them
> with the SourceForge bug/request tracking system? (or similar tools(*), if you
> don't like the one provided by SF)
>
> An additional benefit for a public project is that having a publicly browseable
> list of the open bugs/requests could attract more interest (and maybe
> developers) to the project...
>
> (*) I've been using trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/) for some projects at
> work and it's proved very useful to organize work...

I like the services provided by SourceForge, except the bug tracker, which
I find horrid. Maybe the time has come to make bug reporting and
enhancement requests a more formal process than it's been so far. Trac
looks like a fine tool. By the way, it would also provide something I've
been thinking about for a while, that is, a gretl wiki. But I'd be
very reluctant to ditch SF CVS.

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
Dipartimento di Economia
Università Politecnica delle Marche