[Gretl-devel] crash on defining matrix?

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Jul 7 10:01:46 EDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza wrote:

> The problem seems to be solved now.

OK, thanks.

> I do not know why when I have done several "cvs update"s gretl
> begins to work badly. Now I uninstalled gretl completely and
> downloaded it enterely from the cvs and gretl is not producing
> the segmentation fault.

Maybe you're doing this already, but When building gretl from CVS
I'd recommend the following routine:

cvs update -P -d
CFLAGS='-g -O2 -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare' \
  ./configure <options>
make clean
make 2>errors
[ inspect the "errors" file ]
[ sudo ] make install

In the cvs command, -P removes local copies of files that have
been deleted in CVS, and -d ensures that if a new directory has
been added, you get a copy of that.

The CFLAGS setting on the configure line sets warnings to the max
("-Wall -W"), other than a couple of things which will produce
very verbose and not very useful output (i.e. "-Wno-foo"
suppresses warnings with regard to foo in particular).

The "make clean" step is not generally required, but I tend to do
this if I see any odd behavior from gretl.

Allin.