[Gretl-devel] WG: debugger

Klein, Christoph christoph.klein at student.kit.edu
Fri Jun 19 04:49:53 EDT 2009

Von: Klein, Christoph
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Juni 2009 10:48
An: Sven Schreiber
Betreff: debugger

Thank you for the warm reception!
If you would like to know if theres something that I'm missing when working with gretl, then I can tell one thing: IMHO gretl is lacking a script debugger.
For my thesis I' m working on GARCH option pricing models. I estimate different GARCH models using autoregressive formulas and then calculate option prices with a monte carlo simulation. Nearly all of the code is written using gretl, just some parts that need to calculations with compex numbers are implemented in R. In R I have the simple but sufficient debug feature that allows to step through functions and look into variables during calculation. In gretl I can do the same only using print statements, which makes debugging quite hard.

Christoph