[Gretl-devel] more latex output?

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Thu May 5 08:26:59 EDT 2011

Am 05.05.2011 04:01, schrieb Allin Cottrell:
> On Wed, 4 May 2011, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>

>> Could it even be a design goal for gretl to make all tabular output
>> available in latex format?
>
> It would be nice, yes. But It's quite tedious getting LaTeX output
> just right for gretl constructions. And to an extent I've been
> hampered by the self-imposed requirement that if we provide a
> LaTeX option we should also provide an RTF option, for people on
> Windows who want to paste into Word. Perhaps I should let that go?

In the case of the ADF output (which BTW is relevant only if option
"show detailed regression output" is chosen) copying in RTF is already
there it seems. -- Well actually testing this on Linux with OpenOffice
doesn't really work; right now I cannot test on Windows and/or MSOffice.

Don't know about the other potential cases.

Apart from that I absolutely understand that doing tables in Latex is a
most annoying thing. That's why it would be welcome if gretl did it
instead of the user :-)

Maybe the way to go forward would be to use a different table format
altogether, say HTML? It's open, it's platform-independent, and since
the world is moving in the direction of web technologies, there are lots
of tools for that. Just a thought.

-sven