[Gretl-devel] more latex output?

Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza ignacio.diaz-emparanza at ehu.es
Thu May 5 10:19:06 EDT 2011

El 05/05/11 14:26, Sven Schreiber escribió:
> Am 05.05.2011 04:01, schrieb Allin Cottrell:
>> On Wed, 4 May 2011, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>>

>>> Could it even be a design goal for gretl to make all tabular output
>>> available in latex format?
>>
>> It would be nice, yes. But It's quite tedious getting LaTeX output
>> just right for gretl constructions. And to an extent I've been
>> hampered by the self-imposed requirement that if we provide a
>> LaTeX option we should also provide an RTF option, for people on
>> Windows who want to paste into Word. Perhaps I should let that go?

With respect to this subject, a solution could be to have a generic
'tableprint' command that based on a table estructure (a matrix +
column and/or row names), produce rtf or latex output. Something similar
to what we already have for models (modprint).

I remember some time I have been looking for something similar to that
in the gretl command reference and thought 'tabprint' could do that, but
found that it serves for another very different thing,  to print the las
estimated model in tabular form.

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)