[Gretl-devel] gretl on ubuntu 11.04 (known bug)

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Thu May 19 10:08:13 EDT 2011

Hi,
I just ran into the problem of not being able to use the default gretl
version in the current Ubuntu 11.04.

I know the problem is fixed in a later gretl version; however, to a
normal user it just looks as if it doesn't work, end of story. And given
the popularity of Ubuntu, I think this is bad for gretl's reputation and
its adoption.

So I would advocate one of two solutions:

- either the package maintainer (who is that for Ubuntu?) backports the fix
- alternatively (or minimally) I think the issue should be mentioned on
the gretl frontpage, and workarounds should be explained

Or am I missing something?

thanks,