[Gretl-devel] gretl on ubuntu 11.04 (known bug)

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Fri May 27 10:07:30 EDT 2011

Am 22.05.2011 11:40, schrieb Allin Cottrell:
> On Fri, 20 May 2011, Allin Cottrell wrote:
>
>> Sven and Jack -- thanks for working on this. I have limited
>> internet access at the moment. I agree it would be a good idea to
>> put something on the gretl website about this.
>
> There's now a note on Ubuntu 11.04 at
> http://gretl.sourceforge.net/

Thanks -- meanwhile I have noticed that gretl crashes when I select the
menu item "example data file" (re-translated). I don't have the
'gretl-data' package installed, but the point is that gretl-data is not
a dependency of gretl, only a recommendation. So I guess that the
workaround to use the debian testing packages for Ubuntu 11.04 is not
100% bulletproof. Or should gretl-data really be made a dependency?

thanks,