[Gretl-devel] 32 bit-64 bit compatibility

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Apr 3 09:55:07 EDT 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Emrah Samdan wrote:

> I have developed a code using the libgretl and it was running on a Ubuntu
> 11.04 32 bit machine. Then I migrated those code to Fedora 16(64 bit) and
> compiled it in that machine also. However, while it was running on Fedora,
> sometimes it doesn't quit the program as expected and utilizes 98% of CPU.
> I couldn't get the reason behind this. There was no problem while running
> on 32 bit Ubuntu.
>
> Do you have any idea about this situation ?

Hmm, I'm running current CVS gretl on 64-bit fedora 16 and I'm
not seeing any problems.

When I started using gretl on a 64-bit system I noticed one
"64/32" bug: the mechanism for importing data from a RATS
database was broken due to use of the "long int" type where a
32-bit integer was wanted. But that was fixed in the gretl
1.9.8 release and I'm not aware of any other word-size issues.