[Gretl-devel] on making "const" translatable

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Apr 18 11:22:36 EDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012, Talha Yalta wrote:

> Presenting dozens of regression results with the Turkish
> translation, I come to think that it would be really useful
> if the word "const" is marked for translation. The Turkish
> translation is "sabit" and using this would make so many
> things look better, more consistent, and more
> understandable.

I don't object to this. Any thoughts from others?

> P.S.: I would appreciate if you could also comment on my earlier
> suggestion regarding the "edit" and "tests" menus in the model window.

I tend to think that tests belong under a "tests" menu, not an
"edit" menu. I guess I can see a possible case for splitting
the tests menu in some way, though I'm not sure exactly where
one would put a line between "specification" and "diagnostic"
tests, or if it would really be helpful to do so.