[Gretl-devel] translate "const" and "time"?

Talha Yalta talhayalta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:32:10 EDT 2012

Maybe suggesting to translate "const" was a bad idea, since it is a
command parameter. I now see how translating it will be confusing (as
we will have to see it in the specification window).

On the other hand, "time" is just a variable name and I suggest making
this translatable, unless there is a  technical obstacle requiring to
have "time" in the main window and the specification window.

Best regards
Talha

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Allin Cottrell <cottrell at wfu.edu> wrote:
> I've thought a bit more about this question, following Talha's
> request and Ignacio's follow-up.
>
> I'm OK with doing this, but solely for model output. Those who
> advocate the change, please note: these names would not be
> translated as they appear in the gretl main window or in the
> model selection dialog. This introduces an inconsistency, but
> if translators think it's worth paying that price to get
> "nicer looking" internationalized model output, I'm willing to
> leave that judgement with them.
>
> So, should we go ahead with this? (If so I'll send a specific
> message to translators, not all of whom are on this list,
> pointing out that whether or not to translate these terms is
> a matter of judgement.)
>
> Allin

“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made
in a very narrow field.” - Niels Bohr (1885-1962)