[Gretl-devel] Database for Turkish data

Talha Yalta talhayalta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:30:19 EDT 2012

Dear Professor Cottrell,

Soon I will begin a new series of econometrics trainings for
professionals. To impress the students and also for use with the book,
I would like to ask if it is OK to host a database for Turkish data on
the gretl server. Initially, I want to prepare a small database of
quarterly and annual national accounts series based on freely
available data from Turkstat. I also plan to update and expand it over
time.

If you think this is OK, my question is how to build a binary database
file. Is there a tool for this? If no, can you do it provided that I
prepare the idx file and the actual data in an ods file?

Sincerely
Talha

--
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made
in a very narrow field.” - Niels Bohr (1885-1962)