[Gretl-devel] some bugs and issues

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Wed Feb 1 18:15:14 EST 2012

On 02/01/2012 10:33 PM, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2012, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>

>> But again, given the existing GUI preference option for choosing the
>> style of the decimal separator, I think there is a strong case for
>> requiring this chosen style in the GUI, which resolves all ambiguities.
>> (At the cost of introducing a new character for function argument
>> separation in the GUI, which would have to be suitably documented.)
>
> A couple of comments on this.
>
> First, I wonder how many users want to see the decimal comma
> on output, but would prefer to keep the input in a "genr" box
> consistent with hansl?

can only speculate, but why should anybody really want that?

> Second, there's another character that would need fixing,
> namely the ';' that is used for terminating a matrix row, as
> in
>
> m = {1.1, 2.2 ; 3.3, 4.4}

Sigh -- ok, so instead of changing this it would mean to choose some
other character for function argument separation. Not much sensible
stuff is left if it should be a single ASCII char: %@_ ? Of course this
doesn't look at all readable...

-sven