[Gretl-devel] named lists in the GUI

Lee Adkins lee.adkins at okstate.edu
Wed Feb 29 22:41:59 EST 2012

> Could we
> include lists in the "available series" boxes but colored
> differently (series in black, lists in blue or red or something)?

That is what I was looking for, actually.  I think that would be both easy
to use and encourage the use of lists.  Jack's idea of highlighting series
and creating list within the dialog would be absolutely killer.  The window
button is great, but I think we should have a key command to get to it.  Is
that possible?  Also, what do you think about having different icons for
the different types of windows.   gretl with an M for model, gretl with an
S for script or something like that?

BTW, I was able to write a 3 line script to do MLE of Harvey's
heteroskedasticity model.  Amazing!  Like Jack says, the underlying
structure is the best language I've ever used.  Bless you for working on
this....

Lee

Lee Adkins
Professor of Economics