[Gretl-devel] named lists in the GUI

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Feb 29 22:59:22 EST 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Lee Adkins wrote:

>> Could we
>> include lists in the "available series" boxes but colored
>> differently (series in black, lists in blue or red or something)?
>
> That is what I was looking for, actually.  I think that would be both easy
> to use and encourage the use of lists.  Jack's idea of highlighting series
> and creating list within the dialog would be absolutely killer.

Ah, well maybe color-coding would do the job. That's something I can
experiment with.

> The window button is great, but I think we should have a key
> command to get to it.  Is that possible?  Also, what do you think
> about having different icons for the different types of windows.
> gretl with an M for model, gretl with an S for script or something
> like that?

Alt-W should be equivalent, though I'm not sure if that's
universally enabled yet. The window list items are supposed to have
icons (Gretel for the main window, little graphs for graphs,
\hat{\beta} for models, editor icon for scripts and so on). Are they
not showing? If not, what platform and version?

> BTW, I was able to write a 3 line script to do MLE of Harvey's
> heteroskedasticity model.  Amazing!  Like Jack says, the underlying
> structure is the best language I've ever used.  Bless you for working on
> this....

;-) Thanks.