[Gretl-devel] Compilation on Ubuntu 13.10, MPI

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Fri Mar 14 12:32:44 EDT 2014


On Fri, 14 Mar 2014, David Voňka wrote:

> I just checkoed out the source and try to compile it on my ubuntu 13.10
> 64bit box. The problem seems to be the MPI. configure works ok,
> ./configure --without-mpi
>
> but when I call make, the compilation fails with
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vonkad/dev/gretl/lib'
> make -C cli
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vonkad/dev/gretl/cli'
> mkdir .deps
> gcc -c -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H gretlcli.c
> gcc -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -MM gretlcli.c >
> .deps/gretlcli.d
> gcc -c -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H complete.c
> gcc -g -O2 -I.. -I.. -I../lib/src  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -MM complete.c >
> .deps/complete.d
> ../libtool --mode=link gcc -mavx -Winline   -o gretlcli gretlcli.o
> complete.o \
>    ../lib/libgretl-1.0.la -lreadline -lncurses
> libtool: link: gcc -mavx -Winline -o .libs/gretlcli gretlcli.o complete.o
> ../lib/.libs/libgretl-1.0.so -llapack -lblas -lgfortran -lm -ldl -lz -lxml2
> -lglib-2.0 -lgmp -lfftw3 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so
> -lreadline -lncurses -pthread
> ../lib/.libs/libgretl-1.0.so: undefined reference to `set_mpi_variant'
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [gretlcli] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vonkad/dev/gretl/cli'
> make: *** [cli] Error 2

Thanks for the report. That case (--without-mpi) is now fixed in CVS.

> a similar problem appears when I call ./configure without hte parameter,
> but the undefined referece is to another object, not set_mpi_variant. I
> have installed the mpi-default-dev package.

Could you give some details on that, please? It appears that your MPI 
installation was not detected properly. From a quick scan of the .deb it 
looks as if you may have to use

--with-mpi-lib=/usr/lib/openmpi/lib \
--with-mpi-include=/usr/lib/openmpi/include

or something similar.

Allin Cottrell


More information about the Gretl-devel mailing list