[Gretl-devel] Problems with MPI supp. on Win 7 machine

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Mar 26 13:49:24 EDT 2014

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014, Artur T. wrote:

> First of all, thank you very much for the implementation of MPI support! I
> am really forward-looking to use it in future for heavy computing tasks.
>
> However, atm I am experiencing some an issue with the installation on a Win
> 7 machine. I have installed MS-MPI and set the directory to:
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\mpiexec.exe"
> but "eval $havempi$" returns zero.

Thanks for testing. I think there may have been an error in the test for
mpiexec.exe on Windows, which could make $havempi fail: can you try with
today's snapshot? (I guess you didn't really type the extra '$' on the end
of $havempi, did you?)

> I use current cvs (32-bit) with no admin rights. Could this be a
> problem?

I don't think so but we may have to explore the rights question if it
still doesn't work with the updated snapshot.