[Gretl-devel] different treatment of d.o.f. correction between sd()/sdc() and corr()/mcorr()

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Wed Jul 1 14:19:25 EDT 2015

Am 01.07.2015 um 19:21 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2015, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>

> This may not provide a very compelling rationale for what we do now, but
> the difference between sd() and sdc() is documented in the help for
> those functions.

Well only if you equate the term "sample sd" in the doc for sd() with
the meaning of T-1. When I read the docs (and I did!) it didn't mean
anything special to me, or rather I was thinking it would relate to the
currently active sample (as opposed to the whole workfile range). So a
bit opaque IMHO.

thanks,