[Gretl-devel] Suggestion for new unit root test formatting

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Jul 1 15:35:47 EDT 2015


On Tue, 30 Jun 2015, Sven Schreiber wrote:

> Am 29.06.2015 um 14:03 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
>> Am 23.06.2015 um 17:06 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
>> 
>> 
>>> 
>>> For now I've committed a minimal change to ADF output (without prejudice
>>> to more radical change later): I've moved the supplementary info
>>> (rho-hat for the residual and the joint significance of lagged
>>> differences, if any) below the main output, namely the estimate of (a -
>>> 1), the tau statistic and its p-value.
>> 
>> Thanks Allin, I still have the more radical formatting on my to-do-list.
>> I guess it'll take some time to become acquainted with the way printout
>> is set up in the source, so I cannot do this right away, but will try.
>> 
>
> Ok here's a diff file for adf_kpss.c -- I spent a ridiculous amount of time 
> ending up not too far from the previous status quo, but well. Guess I became 
> acquainted a little with the C source style along the way.
>
> (If again the encoding is messed up I have no idea why. I re-checked and 
> every tool seems to be set to utf-8 here, including thunderbird AFAICS.)
>
> I'm also attaching the actual output of how it looks with this change.
>
> Better double-check the changes, because while I did test, I also managed to 
> produce a few crashes through typos and syntax mistakes...

Thanks, Sven. I'll have a proper go at this before long.

Allin


More information about the Gretl-devel mailing list