[Gretl-devel] Feature list on the web page

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Thu Jul 2 05:07:04 EDT 2015

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> Good points. I have updated the top-level gretl webpage accordingly.
> Those who maintain translations of the website please note. See
> http://gretl.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gretl/gretl/doc/website/template/
> where the relevant (English) file is index_pat.html.

I would like to propose a few additions/corrections:

* GARCH -> "wide variety of univariate GARCH-type models"

* should we also mention ordere logit and probit, multinomial logit etc?

* "Heckit" is a popular name, but a little frowned upon by some; I quite
like it as a house term, but on the webpage I would prefer "sample
selection model"

* Under panel-data estimators, also include probit, ivpanel; use the "GMM"
catchphrase

* Say something about robust/nonparametric stuff

* "Command loop structure" is obsolete. I'd rather have something more on
hansl instead. A link to the hansl primer wouldn't hurt, either.

* I'd probably add a few examples of what you can find among contributed
function packages. Actually, this could somehow be merged with the
"Contributing to Gretl" section.

And while we're on the topic, we really ought to have a forum. The wiki
experiment more or less died a peaceful death, but nowadays I guess that
people expect to be able to ask questions to "the community" through a
forum rather than mailing lists. Of course, looking after a forum website
is a hefty job (it's important to filter spamming etc), so I don't expect
anybody to volunteer in the next 5 minuts, but let's just say it'd be nice
if someone stepped up ;)

   Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

   Università Politecnica delle Marche
   (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

   r.lucchetti at univpm.it
   http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti