[Gretl-devel] Feature list on the web page

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Thu Jul 2 10:49:56 EDT 2015

Am 02.07.2015 um 16:43 schrieb Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza:

> This said, I should say I like stackexchange. It seems more modern, and

I would have no personal problem opening a forum on sourceforge, but
indeed somehow it doesn't seem to be the platform of choice these days.
Everybody is on github or whatever (though I'm not sure why really).

> complete, I remember have used it to resolve LateX dudes. But I am not
> sure whether it is the thing we need. They say
>
> "This site is all about *getting answers*. It's not a discussion forum.
> There's no chit-chat." (See http://stackexchange.com/tour )

Well I think we should definitely keep the devel list. For discussion of
whether or not something is a bug or a valid feature request in
principle we have the two trackers on sourceforge. So for what's left
for the users I'd say that "getting answers" is a good description.

cheers,