[Gretl-devel] Gretl & R interaction problem

Henrique Andrade henrique.coelho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:46:06 EDT 2015

Dear Gretl Team,

When we use the "foreign" function and the foreign script has errors, Gretl
freezes. Please take a look at the following example:

<hansl>
open australia.gdt

foreign language=R --send-data
gretldata
end foreign
</hansl>

It works just fine. Now let's generate an intentional error using
"gretldat" instead of "gretldata":

<hansl>
open australia.gdt

foreign language=R --send-data
gretldat
end foreign
</hansl>

On a Windows PC machine the only way to make things go back to normality is
using Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) to finish Rterm. When we do this Gretl
comes back to life [;-)] and shows us the following message:

"Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object 'gretldat' not found
Error executing script: halting"

Best regards,
Henrique Andrade