[Gretl-devel] source news
cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:44:43 EDT 2015
A follow-up to
(which still applies as of this writing).
Some new things in the gretl source since sourceforge CVS went down:
* Fix the bug noted by Sven in
* Add a new square() function (documented) with an optional argument
to generate cross-products as well as squares. Retire the old xpx()
function but preserve the name as an alias for square() with the
cross-product option activated.
* Add a seasonals() function (documented) with two optional
arguments, the first to specify a period to omit and the second
to specify centering of the seasonal dummies.
* "vif" command: lose the not-very-useful info on X'X that we've
printed to date, and substitute the Belsley-Kuh-Welsch
variance decomposition table, as advocated by Lee Adkins at
the Berlin gretl conference.
* GUI function package editor: add check for unsaved changes under
"Extra properties". Do more checking and give more feedback when
saving a package in zip format.
* Function package browser: add a toolbar item ("index" icon, tooltip
"Package registry") to show which packages are registered to
appear on which menus, with the option of removing them.
* Numerous "internal" tweaks to GUI function package apparatus in
the interest of greater robustness.
* Overwrite check on saving to file: switch to the built-in GTK API,
maybe catch more cases where overwriting should be flagged?
* Updated Romanian translation (thanks, Mihaela!)
More information about the Gretl-devel