[Gretl-devel] gretl data installers

Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza ignacio.diaz-emparanza at ehu.eus
Fri Jul 24 09:00:56 EDT 2015

El 22/07/15 a las 18:06, Allin Cottrell escribió:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015, Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza wrote:
>
>> Finally, I uninstalled gretl again and installed the currente
>> gretl_install.exe (x86) from ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu, and reinstalled the
>> Wooldridge package. But there is not a Wooldridge tab in the data
>> files window.
>
> I think the installer was getting confused by the presence of a 32-bit
> gretl installation on a 64-bit system. I believe this should now be
> fixed (with the help of Inno Setup's pascal scripting facility).
>
> There are new builds of the data installers at
> http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/pub/gretl/
>
> Allin

I have just tried to install the Wooldridge data
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/pub/gretl/wooldridge_data.exe
on my Windows 7 VM and there was no success. The data are being
installed in C:\Program Files\gretl

If I change the path to C:\Program Files (x86)\gretl when the
installation warns about the path, the data are then visible in gretl as
a new tab in the data files window.

--
Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza
Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística)