[Gretl-devel] mailing list vs. forum

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Tue Apr 5 10:04:55 EDT 2016

Am 22.02.2016 um 16:48 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Johannes Lips wrote:
>
>> On 22.02.2016 15:05, Sven Schreiber wrote:

>>> Secondly, Allin said that we might want to shop around for the most
>>> suitable platform, instead of just using sourceforge. Ok, but where to
>>> go shopping? Any concrete suggestions? I volunteer to check them out.

>> There is a relatively comprehensive list of possible project hosters:
>> https://alternativeto.net/software/github/
>> Although it might be helpful to have something like a list of must haves.
>
> My "shopping around" proposal to which Sven refers was just about
> software Q and A forums. As regards basic hosting functionality I'm
> actually quite happy with sourceforge; I just don't much like their
> forum format.

Well I looked around a little bit but honestly cannot come up with a
concrete suggestion. There is obviously a lot of software that you can
set up and run on your own server, which I would rather like to avoid.

One feature criterion that occurred to me is to be able to use LaTeX
code in the postings to write math. Does anybody any (hosted) solution
that does that?

thanks,