[Gretl-devel] freeze with R foreign block: XPtest

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Apr 6 10:35:35 EDT 2016

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016, Sven Schreiber wrote:

> Am 06.04.2016 um 13:31 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
>> Am 05.04.2016 um 20:36 schrieb oleg_komashko at ukr.net:
>

>>> b) If you use 3.2.4, change it for 3.2.4.revised
>>
>> This is still an old R installation, 3.1.2, the same one (I think) that
>> used to work "before".
>
> Well guess what, after upgrading the R installation to 3.2.4revised it works!

Interesting. I suppose this relates to a change I made last August
(git commit 1d108c, message "fix for access to interactive R on
Windows"). That change was needed to support then-current R (see also
the thread "Gretl & R interaction problem" on gretl-users in July
2015). But it may have broken things for earlier R. Getting R to work
right when called from another program is quite tricky, and updates to
R can change what works and what doesn't.