[Gretl-devel] freeze with R foreign block: XPtest

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Wed Apr 6 13:32:48 EDT 2016

Am 06.04.2016 um 18:02 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
> Am 06.04.2016 um 17:20 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
>

>> But the situation is still tricky. I have had a gretl crash with a
>> complex foreign/R block,
>
> I have noticed that some interim mistake here on my side (meaning not
> present from the start of the whole story) involved having the
> "--send-data=mylistname" option both at the top and again at the bottom
> of the foreign block. Hard to say whether that was related to the crash
> (not a sufficient condition I think), but maybe worth checking.

Ok, I have found the (or at least one) reason for the crash, and it has
nothing to do with the whole R-business. Here's a minimal (?) example
that crashes for me every time:

<hansl-crash>
matrix m = ones(3,1)
ix = 1
loop 3	# must be bigger than the 2 in the if-clause
    if (ix <= 2) || (m[ix] > 0.5)
     print "hey"
    endif
    ix++
endloop
</hansl-crash>

Why do I always have to get these things? Sigh.

cheers,