[Gretl-devel] freeze with R foreign block: XPtest

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Apr 6 17:17:17 EDT 2016

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016, Sven Schreiber wrote:

> Ok, I have found the (or at least one) reason for the crash, and it has
> nothing to do with the whole R-business. Here's a minimal (?) example that
> crashes for me every time:
>
> <hansl-crash>
> matrix m = ones(3,1)
> ix = 1
> loop 3	# must be bigger than the 2 in the if-clause
>   if (ix <= 2) || (m[ix] > 0.5)
>    print "hey"
>   endif
>   ix++
> endloop
> </hansl-crash>
>
> Why do I always have to get these things? Sigh.

I can see why you're sighing. But anyway, thanks for bringing this
bug to light; I think it must have been lurking for quite a while.
it was to do with a subtle type-mixup between the two expressions
joined by "||" (OR). (I mean an internal mixup, nothing wrong with
your hansl code.) It's now fixed in git and snapshots.

BTW, I think we have by now accumulated more than enough bug-fixes
to justify a new release. Anyone have reason why we should wait?