[Gretl-devel] Out-of-date "contributing" paragraph on the gretl homepage

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Aug 2 19:18:29 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016, Sven Schreiber wrote:

>>> I'll leave Jack to respond to that one, but since he's in bass-player
>>> mode at the moment (good on him!) that may not happen right away.
>>
>> I've been thinking about the possibility of shutting the wiki down. It
>> never gained any traction, and IMO it's better to have no wiki rather
>> than a ghost one. Thoughts?
>
> Basically I agree. OTOH the question is still on the table what would come
> afterwards. I'm not sure whether the current quietness on the mailing lists
> is a seasonal phenomenon, but somehow it feels as if there's isn't much
> community communication happening. Of course it could be that gretl "just
> works" for the vast majority.

I think it is a seasonal thing. These are, as we say in English (for
whatever reason), the "dog days" of summer, and I believe that the
lists have been pretty quiet in this period before. We can take up
the question of the wiki and/or other question/answer sites that are
not specific to gretl, later.

In the meantime, if there's anyone out there, not at the beach or
whatever, who wishes to read about progress in implementing MIDAS
(Mixed Data Sampling) in gretl, I can recommend for your summer
reading

http://users.wfu.edu/cottrell/midas/midasnotes.pdf