[Gretl-devel] Out-of-date "contributing" paragraph on the gretl homepage

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Aug 2 19:44:32 EDT 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, Sven Schreiber wrote:

> Am 03.08.2016 um 01:18 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
>
>> I think it is a seasonal thing. These are, as we say in English (for
>> whatever reason), the "dog days" of summer,
>
> same in German! (Hundstage)

So, while we're at it, I've learned from wikipedia what this is
about:

"The expression "dog days" refers to the hot, sultry days of summer,
originally in areas around the Mediterranean Sea ... The coincidence
of very warm temperatures in the early civilizations in North Africa
and the Near East with the rising, at sunrise ... of Orion's dog,
the dog star Sirius, led to the association of this phrase with
these conditions..."

But who has read about MIDAS in gretl yet??