[Gretl-devel] ISI 2017

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Wed Feb 17 05:11:37 EST 2016

Hi,

I've just noticed that the ISI (Int'l Statistical Institute) 2017 World
Congress will be taking "Special Topics Sessions" proposals from March
through August (2016!). See www.isi2017.org.

The congress will take place in Marrakesh (Morocco) in July. From
personal experience with another conference in Marrakesh in the month of
June some years ago I can say that it's very hot, but the heat is dry
and the conference venues are AC'ed. I didn't even stay at an AC'ed
hotel. The heat at the gretl conference in Berlin last year might have
been worse...

I haven't been able to find any information about the conference fees,
just a mention of "discount registration" by April 2017.

As I am now an ISI member anyway, I could act as the submitter of such a
STS proposal. -- One caveat: This is all very fresh, I still have to
make up my mind as well whether this is really a good idea.

Of course we would need a bunch of presentations, presumably about how
great gretl works in practice. Whether or not that includes its use in
teaching I don't know yet. Please tell me if you could imagine yourself
participating in principle (without any commitment at this stage, of
course).

If there are a handful of people willing to do this the plans could be
made more concrete over the next few months.

Thanks,
Sven