[Gretl-devel] help files

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Mon Feb 29 22:04:25 EST 2016

There's a new thing with the gretl help files; I'd be grateful if
people would help check it for breakage. Right now it's Linux-only,
but I'll try to find a way to implement it on Windows and Mac.

We've had hyperlinks from the "online" help text to the Gretl User's
Guide for a long time, but they haven't been as functional as they
could be: they just said "see the User's Guide for details". Now
they say "see chapter N of the User's Guide" and clicking should
take you straight to chapter N. At least, that should happen with
evince, okular and xpdf (tested here with evince and xpdf).

The "see chapter N" text will be in the snapshots for Windows and
Mac tomorrow, but I'm afraid the link will not yet be specific.

If you're building gretl from git, please note that you'll have to
rerun the "configure" script to get this to work (and will have to
rebuild the help files).