[Gretl-devel] Text with focus/highlight in script editor off screen

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Fri Jul 1 10:31:19 EDT 2016

Hi,

this is an interface annoyance that I've experienced for a while,
possibly even years. (On Windows, don't know right now if it happens on
Linux as well.) In the built-in script editor if you're typing at the
bottom of the screen and then hit return, often it happens that the new
bottom line isn't shifted up so that it's "in full sight". Either it's
fully off-window or it might be only partly visible.
A second variation of this problem is that when I do a text search (or
search&replace), the highlighted text that was found is also in the line
that is just below the bottom visible window area, if you understand
what I mean.

The workaround is to manually scroll down by the equivalent of one line
height, which gets annoying after a while.

Anybody else seeing this?

thanks,