[Gretl-users] obsolete functions in package editor

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Tue Jan 16 16:10:12 EST 2007

Allin Cottrell schrieb:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Sven Schreiber wrote:

> How exactly are you running the script?  I tried a few ways but each
> time only found one instance of "example" in the packager window.  (I
> also get the message, "Redefining function 'example'", on each re-run.)

Ok it took me a little while to investigate, although it had repeatedly
happened to me in "real life"... The reason is that a function error is
necessary to trigger it -- something quite frequent with my poor
programming skills :-) So my previous report wasn't quite correct,
because there the function was fine and would never cause an error.

To replicate:
1. start gretl
2. open an arbitrary dataset
3. run a script with the following function:
function example(void)
print hu
end function

(note the syntax error)

4. package the function
5. execute the newly created function package => error (on the command
line it says "exiting on expr() error")
6. try to make a new function package...

... and you should see two 'example' entries in the function list.

HTH,
Sven