[Gretl-users] matrix operations

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Jan 24 10:33:40 EST 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, nadaud at centre-cired.fr wrote:
>
>> Just to, add, I am using the script mode under windows XP,
>> excuted in english from the XP console. However, I can run the
>> script only once, then, if I modify it and rerun, gretl
>> crashes.
>
> Well, that certainly shouldn't happen.  Could you send me (or
> the list) a sample of a script that crashes when re-run?
> Thanks.

In case anyone else runs into this issue: There is a potential for
bad stuff, including a crash, if a complex script (one that saves
various objects) is re-run without re-initializing gretl's state.

I will work on this, but in the meantime here is a simple
work-around: make sure there's a command to open a data file (or
"nulldata") at the top of the script.  This will reinitialize
gretl when the script is run, and you should be able to run it as
many times as you want.

Allin.