[Gretl-users] matrix declaration error

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Jan 30 10:29:07 EST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, nadaud at centre-cired.fr wrote:

> logement <- ols WLOG const l_PLOG l_PTRANS l_PCOMP lnREALEXPCS
> transport <- ols WTRANS const l_PLOG l_PTRANS l_PCOMP lnREALEXPCS
> composite <- ols WCOMP const l_PLOG l_PTRANS l_PCOMP lnREALEXPCS
>
> # then i want to extract the coefficients 2 to 5 of each equation:
> matrix Z[1,]=transp(logement.$coeff[2:5])

Sorry, at present the matrix selection mechanism [..] does not
work right for matrices that are "attached to objects" such as
logement.$coeff. (So far as I'm aware, this has never worked right
so far; it's something I will fix before the next release.)

In the meantime, the solution is to grab the "attached" matrix
into an ordinary named matrix then operate on the latter:

matrix B = logement.$coeff
B = transp(B[2:5])