[Gretl-users] vertical matrix concatenation (was matrix declaration error)

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti r.lucchetti at univpm.it
Tue Jan 30 17:21:53 EST 2007

Sorry, I didn't reply to the list.

--------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Re: [Gretl-users] vertical matrix concatenation (was matrix
 declaration error)
From:    "Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti" <r.lucchetti at univpm.it>
Date:    Tue, January 30, 2007 23:19
To:      "Allin Cottrell" <cottrell at wfu.edu>

On Tue, January 30, 2007 23:11, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> That does make sense, but I'm a bit reluctant to change the
> meaning of logical "&" and "|" right now -- though we could do
> that later with fair warning.

What we could do is: introduce now "&&" and "||" as synonyms of "&" and
"|" but issue a warning everytime the 1-char versions are found,
notifying users that they are deprecated (big red letters, fire alarm,
buzzers, flashing lights, whatever). In a year's time or so, introduce
"|".

Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
Dipartimento di Economia
Facoltà di Economia "G. Fuà"