[Gretl-users] How to change the language of Gretl?

Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza ignacio.diaz-emparanza at ehu.es
Mon Dec 1 04:16:25 EST 2008

El Sunday 30 November 2008 16:27:31 Hebert Suarez Cahuana escribió:
> I like to change the language of Gretl  How to do it?
>
> Greetings
> Hebert suarez
>
> Peru

This question was already answered in this list

http://lists.wfu.edu/pipermail/gretl-users/2008-February/002184.html

basically, gretl guesses your default language by means of environment
variables (Linux) or registry entries (Windows). We have an easy way to
change to english: add the --english (or -e) switch to the gretl executable
command. But if you want to change to another language, for example from
Spanish to French, you must change the LANG environment variable.

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)