[Gretl-users] plot problems

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Mon Apr 13 16:22:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, snvv101 wrote:

> I use gretl ver. 1.8.0 in debian with gnuplot ver 4.2.
>
> The first line of the graph output (file) of gretl is :
> set term png truecolor small size 680,400
> and gnuplot fails. If I remove that line then I can create the graph.
>
> Is is possible to configure gretl not to include the first line
> of the gnuplot file?

No, but you should be OK if you "downgrade" to gnuplot 4.2.4.

There's another possibility: if you have a recent version of
gretl, there should be a directory /usr/share/gretl/fonts,
containing Vera.ttf.  If that's the case, try opening
~/.gretl2rc in a text editor: look for the line

 Png_font = ...

and make it

 Png_font = Vera 9

That may make gnuplot behave properly.