[Gretl-users] Problem with Stata import

Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza ignacio.diaz-emparanza at ehu.es
Mon Jul 13 05:03:54 EDT 2009

On Lunes, 13 de Julio de 2009 10:38:48 Federico Tamagni escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem with importing Stata datasets. The error message is:
>
>  "/usr/local/lib/gretl-gtk2/stata_import.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory"
>

> Indeed, the folder /usr/local/lib/gretl-gtk2 only contains a sub-folder
> "data", empty.
>

> I'm running CVS version of Gretl. I tried and update, but it did not
> work. I'm working with a Unix 64bit desktop. Has anybody experienced
> thesame problem? Any suggestion ?

No. I don't have this problem. The importer is working ok in my system.
I installed gretl in /opt and I have stata_import.so in
/opt/gretl/lib/gretl-gtk2/stata_import.so

If you installed gretl in the default directory and the file is not in the
correct place, check if you had an error in running 'configure' or 'make'.

--
Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza
DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA APLICADA III (ECONOMETRÍA Y ESTADÍSTICA)