[Gretl-users] Re: Problem with Stata import

Federico Tamagni f.tamagni at sssup.it
Mon Jul 13 06:04:26 EDT 2009

/On Mon Jul 13 05:03:54 EDT 2009 //Ignacio Diaz-Emparanza wrote:
/

> No. I don't have this problem. The importer is working ok in my system.
> I installed gretl in /opt and I have stata_import.so in
> /opt/gretl/lib/gretl-gtk2/stata_import.so

> If you installed gretl in the default directory and the file is not in the
> correct place, check if you had an error in running 'configure' or 'make'.

Thanks for the attempt, but of course I had run configure, make and make
install when updating the CVS, and everything went fine.

Your reply however suggest me to check folder consistencies. The file
"stata_import.so" is located in
/usr/local/gretl/plugin/.libs/stata_import.so, while the commands import
or open  look for it into  /usr/local/lib/gretl-gtk2/.

I've copied the file in the folder where "import" and "open" look for
it, and now everything works. However, I do not think this is the proper
solution. Any idea about the reason of this mismatch ?

Thanks,

Federico

--

Federico Tamagni, PhD