[Gretl-users] Stata import, glib error

Cristian Rigamonti cri at linux.it
Mon Jun 8 11:59:57 EDT 2009

Hi, when importing a stata .dta file, I get the following popup error message
(which I learned is coming from the glib library)

  "Invalid byte sequence in conversion input"

The data import seems to go OK, but I'm wondering if this may be related to
import from stata or other reasons, anyone else experienced that?

Also during import, I get these messages in the xterm:

  (lots of output)
  variable 3: "value label" = '__MERGE'
  breaking on feof

I'm not really sure about the meaning of the second-last line (the variable in
question is a binary 0/1 variable and gets imported OK).

Cri

--
GPG/PGP Key-Id 0x943A5F0E      -    http://www.linux.it/~cri/cri.asc