[Gretl-users] operate on all variables

Patricio Cuarón patriciocuaron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:54:25 EST 2009

Hello. I'm new to gretl and I'm trying to create a simple script that will,
for instance, seasonally adjust all variables. And I've run into troubles.
So...
1. how do I generate variable *variable names* to genr? for instance, I want
to call each detrended variable "sa_" & the original variable name
2. how do I pass the parameter to deseas()? deseas(gdp) works fine, but
deseas(varname(4)) doesn't (assuming varname(4)="gdp", varname returns a
string and deseas doesn't work that way. I also tried looping through a list
of all the variables, but the same error of erroneous argument type is
brought up by deseas().

Thanks!!
PC