[Gretl-users] operate on all variables (off-topic :)

Hélio Guilherme helioxentric at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:51:43 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Santiago Afonso
<santiago.afonso at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello. I'm new to gretl and I'm trying to create a simple script that will,
> for instance, seasonally adjust all variables. And I've run into troubles.
> So...
> 1. how do I generate variable *variable names* to genr? for instance, I
> want to call each detrended variable "sa_" & the original variable name
> 2. how do I pass the parameter to deseas()? deseas(gdp) works fine, but
> deseas(varname(4)) doesn't (assuming varname(4)="gdp", varname returns a
> string and deseas doesn't work that way. I also tried looping through a list
> of all the variables, but the same error of erroneous argument type is
> brought up by deseas().
>
> Thanks!!
> SA

Is this a case of double personality? First time in this list :D

Deja Vu?

see here a similar question:
fromPatricio Cuarón <patriciocuaron at gmail.com>reply-toGretl list <
gretl-users at lists.wfu.edu>
togretl-users at lists.wfu.edu
dateWed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:54 PMsubject[Gretl-users] operate on all
variablesmailing listgretl-users.lists.wfu.edu Filter messages from this
mailing listmailed-bylists.wfu.eduunsubscribeUnsubscribe from this
mailing-list
hide details 4:54 PM (21 hours ago)

Hello. I'm new to gretl and I'm trying to create a simple script that will,
for instance, seasonally adjust all variables. And I've run into troubles.
So...
1. how do I generate variable *variable names* to genr? for instance, I want
to call each detrended variable "sa_" & the original variable name
2. how do I pass the parameter to deseas()? deseas(gdp) works fine, but
deseas(varname(4)) doesn't (assuming varname(4)="gdp", varname returns a
string and deseas doesn't work that way. I also tried looping through a list
of all the variables, but the same error of erroneous argument type is
brought up by deseas().

Thanks!!
PC