[Gretl-users] the gretl RNG

Dr RJF Hudson rjfhud at powerup.com.au
Sat Jan 15 21:05:35 EST 2011

Mr Cottrell....thank you for your reply given below.
For what it is worth, please may I suggest to all students/researchers, particularly
those studying time series, that at any time a simulation is utilised from which
inferences are drawn, then always have detailed knowledge about the data produced
by the RNG utilised. As you know an ARMA or an ARFIMA simulation relies upon
the production of random numbers. So when using a propriety Stats Package, its proper to know
the manner by which the RNG gives its output and to be able to justify the distribution
that feeds the ARMA generation.
Mr Cottrell's package below is the very best I've read.
Hudson