[Gretl-users] Xlsx problem

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Thu Nov 17 17:11:54 EST 2011

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, Henrique Andrade wrote:

> I´m trying to open some .xlsx files and I´m getting the following error
> messages:
>
> ? open "L:\CONFIDENCIAL\Planilha\Dados Países\Brasil\Mercado de
> Crédito\Dados Crédito.xlsx" --sheet="Gretl2" --rowoffset=148
>
> 'Gretl2' -> worksheets/sheet12.xml
> expected 403 shared strings but only found 397

That means that the xlsx file claimed to have 403 entries in
its string table (sharedStrings.xml), but in fact this
contained only 397 entries. This seems to indicate that the
file is broken, but I've now added a fudge factor in gretl's
xlsx importer, to replace any strings that are missing in this
way with the empty string, "".