[Gretl-users] CSV and decimal point character

Henrique Andrade henrique.coelho at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:22:08 EST 2011

Dear All,

Just for the sake of clarification: the use of comma as the decimal
character is "almost a must" when you need to open the .csv file with
double-clicking in the Brazilian version of MS Office.

I strongly agree with the view that the .csv file should be a text file
with fields separated by commas and with points as the decimal character.

Allin, I tested the new option and it worked great. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Henrique Andrade

2011/11/27 Allin Cottrell <cottrell at wfu.edu>

> On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Sven Schreiber wrote:
>
> > Just one question: if this new 'set' feature isn't persistent, why not
> > implement it as an option to 'store' instead? Like:
> >
> > store my.csv --decimal-comma
>
> I've now implemented Sven's suggestion in CVS and snapshots: use the
> option as above, and not "set csv_decimal_comma", which is now gone.
>
> Allin Cottrell

Henrique Andrade*
*